The ICPR 2018 Organizing Committee invites proposals for tutorials to be held prior to the main conference in Beijing, China. Tutorials should serve one or more of the following objectives:
Introduce students and newcomers to major topics of ICPR research.
Provide instruction on established practices and methodologies.
Survey a mature area of ICPR research and/or practice.
Motivate and explain an ICPR topic of emerging importance.
Introduce expert non-specialists to an ICPR research area.
For the scope of ICPR, please refer to
Proposals should contain the following information:
1. The title and a brief description of the tutorial.
2. A detailed outline of the tutorial, including preferred length of tutorial: either 3 hours (half day) or 6 hours (full day). If it is a full-day tutorial, please give a brief justification.
3. Characterization of the potential target audience for the tutorial, including prerequisite knowledge and estimated number of attendees.
4. A description of why the tutorial topic would be of interest to a substantial part of the ICPR audience.
5. A brief resume of the presenter(s), which should include name, title, affiliation, e-mail address, background in the tutorial area, example of work in the area (e.g. publications and/or industrial work).
6. A description of how this proposal relates to tutorials/short courses appearing at ICPR, CVPR and other related conferences within the last three years.
7. Description of and/or links to any planned materials or resources to be distributed to attendees.
8. The name and e-mail address of the corresponding presenter.
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mails to the ICPR 2018 Tutorial Chairs:
Greg Mori, Simon Fraser University, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Zhouchen Lin, Peking University, China (email@example.com)
The evaluation of the proposal will take into account multiple factors, including its general interest for ICPR attendees, the quality of the proposal, the expertise of the presenters as well as the novelty of the tutorial.
15 December 2017: Submission of proposals for tutorials.
10 January 2017: Notification of acceptance.
If you have any query, please contact the ICPR 2018 Tutorial Chairs.